Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Meet new wormhole stalking partners

When theory crafting my ganking setup, I had to make some choices. One choice was to use pure tackle Proteus with beefy tank, instead of dps Proteus with less tank, tackle mods and scan resolution. I am able to hold few ships and take a lot of punishment until Domi fleet warps in.


But can't do shit if someone drops a mobile depot and refits to warp core stabilizers and warps away.


Thankfully, these people are the minority. It's probably my first prey to escape with mobile depot. Good for him.

Getting a partner


A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post where I announced my search for a partner. It probably was not a good timing as I still had ninja salvaging posts lined up. An activity that upset a lot of people and instead of and focusing on opportunity to play wormhole stalking together, chose to trash talk, which probably worked out for the best.

Before I started looking for a partner, I tried looking for a wormhole corp, but couldn't really find one that I would not think twice about joining. In reality, I probably was afraid of commitment. Regardless of how relaxed corp is, you still are expected to participate and I just didn't feel like it. I kinda wanted to do my own thing, but didn't want to play solo anymore thus, a partner.

I did not have any requirements nor I needed someone with elite skills. All I cared about was to know if pilot understands that he is getting in to minimalist "boring" playstyle  and is ok with doing absolutely nothing for days. That and if he could fly any covert ops ship with dps. And so I am happy to introduce my two new partners to join me on our wormhole stalking adventures:

Ganky Deska and  Hans Gensche

Ganky is an experienced wormhole pilot that has published articles on Crossing Zebras. While Hans is rather new to wormholes. We are split between EU and US timezones with some overlapping activity. It will be interesting to see how things will work out. It's also a big change for me. Partner means I'm not the only one to decide on how things will work and compromises will have to be made. I'm looking forward to some joint operations.

2 comments :

  1. I am looking forward to see what kind of things you can achieve as a group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good hunting!

    ReplyDelete